THE HILLBROOKS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of our 10th Management Council?

+16
blk92lobby7
concerned_resident
singawala
technowacko555
jochennc22
lililala64
hbrooks_res1
awtaman123
hbrookskahmen
hillbrooker1
hillbrooks_gangnam
kimkimhb
ronlimch256
gangnasai
crystalclear
nka
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think of our 10th Management Council? Empty What do you think of our 10th Management Council?

Post  nka Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:38 pm

The Notice which was up on the mirrors of the lifts and the Notice Boards had not been approved in any council meeting. There is no record of any such meeting. Yet it is signed off as the "!0th Management Council".

nka

Back to top Go down

What do you think of our 10th Management Council? Empty Re: What do you think of our 10th Management Council?

Post  crystalclear Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Pasting notices onto mirrors of the lifts is a dumb act. It is damaging common property. It reflects poorly on the Council.

crystalclear

Back to top Go down

What do you think of our 10th Management Council? Empty Re: What do you think of our 10th Management Council?

Post  gangnasai Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:45 pm

One of the first thing it did was to change the color of the small gates at the front entrance from a visible yellow to a less visible light green.

gangnasai

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:23 am

crystalclear wrote:Pasting notices onto mirrors of the lifts is a dumb act. It is damaging common property. It reflects poorly on the Council.

Agree.
The mistake has been corrected. The mirrors are now clean. Let's hope it remains this way.

ronlimch256

Back to top Go down

Post  kimkimhb Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 am

Disallowing residents to enter by the backgate simply because they don't have the card is also dumb. Maybe the councilors and the family members don't use the backgate, that is why they can't empathize with us.

kimkimhb

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbrooks_gangnam Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Not a good council because it wants to increase our maintenance fee without first considering how to cut cost.

hillbrooks_gangnam

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbrooker1 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 pm

I heard the office subscribes to a mobile broadband service but uses desktop pc. Not very smart, isn't it?

hillbrooker1

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrookskahmen Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:22 pm

I heard our MCST is going to get sued over a dispute with a SP. Can anyone confirm?

hbrookskahmen

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalclear Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Ahhh!? Over what?

crystalclear

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrookskahmen Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Something to do with water leakage.

hbrookskahmen

Back to top Go down

Post  awtaman123 Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:46 pm

What? True or not?
Is our mantenance fee raised because of this? Money is needed to fight the case in court?
Must confirm this in the AGM.

awtaman123

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrooks_res1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 am

I think I know which unit. It was mentioned in the Minutes of council meeting. Water leaks from SP unit to basement carpark. But no mention of SP suing MCST in the Minutes.

hbrooks_res1

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrooks_res1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 am

hillbrooker1 wrote:I heard the office subscribes to a mobile broadband service but uses desktop pc. Not very smart, isn't it?

Mobile broadband is meant for mobile devices such as laptop, notebook or netbook pc.

hbrooks_res1

Back to top Go down

Post  lililala64 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:01 am

hbrookskahmen wrote:I heard our MCST is going to get sued over a dispute with a SP. Can anyone confirm?

Normally, this sort of dispute should be referred to a public authority for mediation. Why would it require a law suit to settle? Does the council know what it is doing?

lililala64

Back to top Go down

Post  jochennc22 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:23 am

hillbrooker1 wrote:I heard the office subscribes to a mobile broadband service but uses desktop pc. Not very smart, isn't it?

That's not a right thing to do.

jochennc22

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrookskahmen Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 am

lililala64 wrote:
hbrookskahmen wrote:I heard our MCST is going to get sued over a dispute with a SP. Can anyone confirm?

Normally, this sort of dispute should be referred to a public authority for mediation. Why would it require a law suit to settle? Does the council know what it is doing?

The public authority is the Strata Titles Board. Maybe the case cannot be resolved by the STB.

hbrookskahmen

Back to top Go down

Post  jochennc22 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 am

lililala64 wrote:

Not enough money in the maintenance fund still want to fight court case. Siliao lah! We will be asked to pay and pay.

jochennc22

Back to top Go down

Post  technowacko555 Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 am

jochennc22 wrote:

That's not a right thing to do.

I would put it more directly. That's a dumb thing to do. Lacking simple technical knowldege.

technowacko555

Back to top Go down

Post  technowacko555 Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 am

hbrookskahmen wrote:
lililala64 wrote:

The public authority is the Strata Titles Board. Maybe the case cannot be resolved by the STB.

Reading thro' last year's AGM doc, there was also a similar case last year. It was won by the MCST. What is the difference now? If it is going to court, we should demand an explanation from the Council.

technowacko555

Back to top Go down

Post  singawala Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:32 am

awtaman123 wrote:What? True or not?
Is our mantenance fee raised because of this? Money is needed to fight the case in court?
Must confirm this in the AGM.

The case should not proceed to court without approval fr the AGM. We have to know how much it will cost, win or lose.

singawala

Back to top Go down

Post  singawala Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 am

I heard one of our councilors is a property agent. I remember reading a news article about a year ago about conflict of interest when a property agent is a MCST councilor. That property agent will have insider information about the condo which can be used to his/her advantage. For instance, the financial status of the MCST, the financial status of a SP judging from the arrear in maintenance fund contribution, which unit is defective, which unit is affected by defects from other unit, etc.

singawala

Back to top Go down

Post  technowacko555 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:58 am

Interesting, what you have written, and there are some elements of truth there. When a SP is not able to pay the maintenance fee, that means its a case of financial trouble and that means it is a good chance the the unit is for sale.

technowacko555

Back to top Go down

Post  singawala Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:27 pm

And such info will give the property agent an advantage over the competitors.

singawala

Back to top Go down

Post  concerned_resident Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 am

We SPs have to be careful who choose as councilors. There are those who join with ulterior motive, to serve their own interest.

There was this case of a past office bearer in the council who also ran the mini-mart. Later, it was discovered that she had underpaid her electricity consumption to the tune of over $40K. Only $20K were recovered.

concerned_resident

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalclear Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 am

With the kids in school and the morning free, thought I should re-visit this place. The discussion is getting interesting.
That was the woman who ran the mini-mart.
Currently we also have a chairwoman. She is a property agent. will she take advantage of her office to serve her own interest? your guess is as good as mine.

crystalclear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next