THE HILLBROOKS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3

4 posters

Go down

Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3 Empty Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3

Post  SEK1001 Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:06 am

Hi everyone, did anyone notice the replacement floor tiles inside lifts at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3?

The replacement floor tiles are totally unacceptable as it is totally different from our existing floor tiles. it is really an eye sore to my family every time we take the lift which happens to be everyday.

What would our visitors or even potential buyers think of our condominium once they enter the lifts? Their impression must be cheap condo with poor workmanship, right?

i have spoken to the condo manager today on this issue and to my surprise, he told me that he accepts the obvious tile differences and workmanship. OMG! I don't believe we have such a useless condo manager who is good for nothing. I immediately told him that I don't accept it and it must be rectified with a similar tiles.

I need your comment and feedback on this issue. Thanks!

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3 Empty Re: Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3

Post  nka Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm

I had just taken a look at them. Wrong material, poor workmanship. There are still cracked tiles at the border of the black tiles at both lifts of Lobby1. They should first look in the store for leftover tiles from the developer. If none is available, then purchaser the best matching type. Those tiles don't look like they are the best match to the original. I will also write in to the Condo Manager about this. He should do a better job. Reading from the latest Minutes of Council Meeting, the M.A. fee has increased by $500/month.

nka

Back to top Go down

Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3 Empty Re: Floor tiles inside lift at Block 88, lift lobby 1 & 3

Post  SEK1001 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi nka, i fully agree with you. How can we accept works that are not done correctly and at our expense?

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  kimkimhb Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:43 pm

I hv noticed those in the lifts at lobby1. They look horrible. Spread the word. Urge our fellow residents to complain to the condo mgr.
The phone no. Is 67670280.
The email addr of our Management Office is hillbrookscondo@gmail.com
The email addr of the Managing Agent is Tanch@ecc.com.sg

Last edited by kimkimhb on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total

kimkimhb

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:12 am

The ones at Lobby1 are very badly done. Not acceptable by any standard. Shoud re-do.

ronlimch256

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 am

Thank you for your view and feedback.
We should really spread the word and urge our fellow residents to complain to the condo mgr.

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 am

Condo Mgr has replied to my email as follows:

"Dear Mr. Ng,
Thanks for your feedback.
I am meeting the contractor on this afternoon to sort out with them."

Let's wait and see.

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for your effort and update. Will see what will be his reply to you.

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  kimkimhb Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:14 am

That's the way, folks. We residents should take the initiative to put pressure on the Management when things are not done the right way.

kimkimhb

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 am

I have just received the following reply from the condo manager, Alvin this morning;

"Thanks for your feedback. We had met up with the contractor on this morning. They will rectify it by next week."

We will see next week and hope there will be no more shoddy workmanship & material this time.

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 am

OK, they have taken the necessary action. Let's wait for the result.

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am

Following up with the condo manager, Alvin, 2 days ago on why there is still no rectification work done as promised in his email.

Surprise reply from him is "the contractor is oversea and will be rectified by Wednesday, 1st May".

Let's wait and see.

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  lifttile Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:13 pm

He will have to get it done by 30th Apr becos 1st May will be a holiday.

lifttile

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 am

When I asked him about the loosen tiles near the mailboxes of Lobby2, he also replied next week. The question is, does the council knows about the defects?

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am

You are right but how to inform the councils about the defects that we have highlighted?

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:05 am

Since we don't have the email addr of the councilors but we know their residential addr, one way is to knock on their doors.

Another way is to include the boss of the Condo Mgr in the email. The email addr of the Managing Agent is Tanch@ecc.com.sg

I have written to the Condo Mgr as follows:

"M.A.,

Does the council know about defects reported by residents?

Can you put it down in writing when will the following defects be corrected?

1. Loosen tiles near Lobby2 mailbox

2. Unprofessional repair work carried out in the lifts at Lobby1 and Lobby3.

3. Dirty fish pond.

Mr. Ng Kien Aun"

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Mon May 06, 2013 7:07 am

Alvin has already promised me 3 times & dates via email to have the work rectify by the contractor but on every date that he has promised, he has an excuse and delay another date for the rectification work.

I am very disappointed on his responsibility and work commitment as our condo manager. I have just written to him that the work must be rectified by today as his last promised without further excuses and delay.

Lets wait and see till the end of today whether the work has been rectified and if so, we must expect much better workmanship, no more shoddy work and non matching tiles.

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 Mon May 06, 2013 8:49 am

Hi, I have just received an email reply from Alvin and expected, another unbelievable story as follows:-
"I had just met up with the new contractor, the initial contractor had outsourced to him to do it because they are not skillful enough but there is a misunderstanding as who is going to get the tiles. This new contractor is going to source for the tiles and going to do the work on tomorrow morning. Sorry for the inconvenience caused again."
One question: Why are council/ MA awarding work to contractors that cannot do a proper work and we have to endure for their mistakes?

SEK1001

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am

nka wrote:Since we don't have the email addr of the councilors but we know their residential addr, one way is to knock on their doors.

Another way is to include the boss of the Condo Mgr in the email. The email addr of the Managing Agent is Tanch@ecc.com.sg

I have written to the Condo Mgr as follows:

"M.A.,

Does the council know about defects reported by residents?

Can you put it down in writing when will the following defects be corrected?

1. Loosen tiles near Lobby2 mailbox

2. Unprofessional repair work carried out in the lifts at Lobby1 and Lobby3.

3. Dirty fish pond.

Mr. Ng Kien Aun"

Alvin did reply to the above emai on the same day but I had been too busy until this morning to read my emails.
All along, he gave me the impression he knew the exact area I was talking about.
This afternoon, I have to show him the exact area. Let's see how it proceed from this point.

As for the tiles in the lifts, he is obviously gerrymeandering. We just have to keep pressing him.

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum