THE HILLBROOKS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expensive proposals

+8
ngoukongwa
kttanhb36
jochennc22
hbtempacct
blk92resident
singawala
hillybilly
paynpay
12 posters

Go down

Expensive proposals Empty Expensive proposals

Post  paynpay Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:14 pm

$20,000 for gym upgrading, $30,000 just to keep the pigeons away and $50,000 to upgrade a playground. Are you guys serious? This is crazy, man. You think we print our own money issit? I have a cost-free solution to all these. Replace those councilors.

paynpay

Back to top Go down

Expensive proposals Empty Re: Expensive proposals

Post  hillybilly Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Yeah, this is crazy. I am sure our condo can be without them.

hillybilly

Back to top Go down

Post  singawala Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Who or what r u referring to by "them" ?

Don't understand the spikes and how they work against the pigeons.

singawala

Back to top Go down

Post  blk92resident Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 pm

paynpay wrote:$20,000 for gym upgrading, $30,000 just to keep the pigeons away and $50,000 to upgrade a playground. Are you guys serious? This is crazy, man. You think we print our own money issit? I have a cost-free solution to all these. Replace those councilors.

That playground behind Blk92 had been upgraded before. Isn't it wasteful to upgrade it again? And at such high cost?

blk92resident

Back to top Go down

Post  hbtempacct Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 am

paynpay wrote:$20,000 for gym upgrading, $30,000 just to keep the pigeons away and $50,000 to upgrade a playground. Are you guys serious? This is crazy, man. You think we print our own money issit? I have a cost-free solution to all these. Replace those councilors.

I will not agree to such proposals. I don't think many SP's will. I don't understand why you need to spend $30,000 to keep the pigeons away. All residents can chip in to chase those pigeons away wherever they are found in the estate. They are other birds besides pigeons. You may be able to keep the pigeons away but what about the other birds? Another $30,000 to deal with them?

hbtempacct

Back to top Go down

Post  jochennc22 Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 am

Illogical. Is the council thinking? While it is crying that it is short of fund, it wants to indulge in expensive upgradings. I don't see the estate being in such a bad state that those upgradings must be done.

jochennc22

Back to top Go down

Post  kttanhb36 Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Before the councilors talk about upgrading the gym with new equipment, I suggest they look at ways to secure the current equipment in the gym. Now and then, I have noticed small parts and components missing from some of the exercisers. Anyone can just walk in to the gym, pocket some parts or components and walk away. Do something about that first before upgrading.

kttanhb36

Back to top Go down

Post  ngoukongwa Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 am

Reading through the proposals, I realise that the top 3 proposals in terms of cost are to use the sinking fund. But there is no call to increase that fund. Will it be sufficient for the next re-painting of the estate? It may not be long away.

ngoukongwa

Back to top Go down

Post  jameswkl34 Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 am

Always says some residents feedback for the upgrading. Any proof? Maybe its for their own benefits.

For the gyms, as some one had posted earlier, make sure there is no theft of parts of the equipment. Make sure it is not being used to give lessons by outsiders. They make use of our gym for their business while we pay for the hastened wear-and-tear. The council and the M.A. is sleeping?

There are other reasons why the playground is not used. Because there is a better one at Blk88? Because the number of children in our community is small and dwindling? Remember, the nations TFR has been falling. It could even be the location. That place is dark most time of the day, being hammed in by the backwall on one side and Blk 92 on the other. Plus the canopy of the tall trees. All these cut out a lot of the sunlight.

jameswkl34

Back to top Go down

Post  gangnasai Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Gym upgrading? Should downgrade it.
Spikes for pigeons? Just see one, kill one.
Upgrade children's playground? Seek the views of the children and their parents first.

gangnasai

Back to top Go down

Post  technowacko555 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 am

Those spikes are pointed parts to prevent the pigeons from landing. Those balconies and air-cond ledges are private properties. Permission of the owners are required. If the spikes are to be placed along the wall of a block, would they not have to be placed all over the walls a block? That would be an ugly sight. Moreover, if you deal with only one block, the pigeons would move to the other blocks. Every block will have to have the spikes. The cost would be tripled!

technowacko555

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthamtt Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Playground upgrading.
If d children are not using d playground, why leave part of it around?
A smaller playground will be less attractive to d children.
The other part will be used for adult exercising equipment. Is this wise? There is a danger that the children
may try out those equipment n injure themselves.

tomthamtt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down