THE HILLBROOKS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on?

+7
ronlimch256
hbresident101
proxyman
hillbrooker1
nka
hillviewer
concerned_resident
11 posters

Go down

What's going on? Empty What's going on?

Post  concerned_resident Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm

First, I found a write-up from Mr. Ng on Sat. Then, this evening when returning from work, I saw the notice in the lift. Obviously the councillors are in squabbles. They should settle their differences privately. The lift is not the venue for them to fight it out verbally. Visitors will form a bad impression of our community.

This brings me to another issue. Notices on metal stands are around the guard house area, to notify residents about fish feeding time and to keep off the grass. Are they necessary? There are eye-sores. They don't look cheap too.

concerned_resident

Back to top Go down

What's going on? Empty Re: What's going on?

Post  hillviewer Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 pm

If d councilors spend less time squabbling and more time on d actual management n maintenance, they may be able to come up with some cost cutting measures n d maintenance fund may not hv to b increased.

hillviewer

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 am

Concerning that notice put up on the Notice Boards and the lifts.

It explicitly indicates that I am the Secretary of the 10th Council and then clarifies that the letter I sent through the mailboxes was not authorised by the Council. Isn't it obvious? Mine was meant to be a personal letter as a Subsidiary Proprietor, not as the Secretary of the Council. That was why I signed it off with my name and address. In the case of the notice, it was signed off as “The 10th Management Council”. That would include me! I leave you to conclude on the mentality of the people involved in this exercise.

This is a personal squabble between councilors. I have used by own resources to print and distribute the letter. In response, the notice, purportedly from the “10th Management Council” was to counter the letter. It is really about squabbles between councilors. MCST resources such as the Notice Board and lifts should not be used in this case. Those councilors who want to counter me on the letter should use their own resources, print the notices or whatever materials and distribute these at their own expenses.

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbrooker1 Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Someone beats me to the nick of hillbrooker.

OK, first notices were pasted on to the wooden panel of the lifts. When they were taken off, they left behind glue marks. Then this evening, I see that notices are pasted onto the mirror. This will leave glue marks on the mirror and they are going to appear worse than on the wooden panels. Can Management put a stop to such silly acts? Common properties are being damaged.

hillbrooker1

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbrooker1 Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:58 pm

I hv spoken to residents about this. Many of them think this is a nuisance. Notices are still being put up on the mirrors of d lift. I hv emailed d Management to put a stop to this nuisance.

hillbrooker1

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:52 am

hillbrooker1, thank you.

I have also sent an email to Management as follows:

To whoever is responsible

I refer to the 2-page notice which are pasted onto the mirrors of all the lifts. This is to counter the letter which I have distributed to the SP's through the mailboxes. In my letter, I have put my name and unit address down. The 2-page notice is signed off as “The 10th Management Council.” This is silly. That Council would have included me too. Those who have the guts to put up the notice should have revealed their individual name and address instead of hiding underneath the skirt of “The 10th Management Council”.

To M.A.

Its your responsibility to ensure that unauthorised notices are not displayed anywhere in the estate. Moreover, this way of displaying the notice is damaging the mirrors, leaving behind sticky marks on them.. Please make an effort to catch those who are responsible and report them to the council.

Mr. Ng Kien Aun

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbrooker1 Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 am

What was the reply?

hillbrooker1

Back to top Go down

Post  nka Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:16 am

So far, none. May never get one.

nka

Back to top Go down

Post  proxyman Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am

From the AGM documents, Doris Cheong collected many proxy votes for the last AGM. She went around the estate knocking on doors. I gave her mine proxy vote believing she was collecting it on behalf of the Council. Why is the objection to Mr. Ng soliciting for proxy votes by mail?

proxyman

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbrooker1 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 am

Just realized that my email to Management got the wrong address. Will send another one over. Anyway, the mess on those mirrors are getting worse as the notices are repeatedly being put up and taken down.

hillbrooker1

Back to top Go down

Post  hbresident101 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:47 am

The mirrors in the lifts are covered with dirty marks leftover from the pasting of notices. How long are they going to be left there? Its a disgrace. Whoever create this mess should be responsible for cleaning it up.

hbresident101

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:51 am

I have shot an email to the Condominium Manager as follows:

Please take a look at the inside of the lifts. The mirrors are dirtied with glue and pieces of papers. I notice that notices have been pasted and removed from the mirrors repeatedly. The notice is from the Council. What do the councilors think they are doing? They should know better not to allow the pasting of anything onto mirrors. If they were to do this at their own homes, their children would tell them off. Do they not know that this is causing damage to common properties? Yet they have the cheeks to ask for more maintenance fee.

Please put a stop to this immediately.

ronlimch256

Back to top Go down

Post  kongsiami128 Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 am

Hey, get rid of those dirts on the mirrors inside the lifts. This is poor maintenance. Before you can have basic proper maintenance of the estate, don't ask for any increment in maintenance fee.

kongsiami128

Back to top Go down

Post  asdafad Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 pm

I had just taken the lift up to my unit a short while. The mirror is full of dirt marks. Those responsible better get them clean up. How can this be allowed to happen? I understand this is the work of some councilors. They should know better. They are the ones who will jump on us if we break any house rule. Yet they are doing this to a common property. What bad examples are they showing.

asdafad

Back to top Go down

Post  jkpangola Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:16 am

Its a free Sunday. And I am also fed-up with what I have seen in the lift. So I make a visit here to see if I can find out more. So, its the work of the councilors. Unbelievable. They are supposed to maintain the estate on behalf of the Subsidiary Proprietors. But here they are, damaging common properties. I want to know when will the mess in the lift mirrors be cleaned up. It better be fast. I will go personally to the Council to settle this, if I have to.

jkpangola

Back to top Go down

Post  joewanghb Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 am

It is only right that those who put up the notices should be responsible for cleaning up the mirrors. They are still there when I take the lft up.

joewanghb

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 am

ronlimch256 wrote:I have shot an email to the Condominium Manager as follows:

Please take a look at the inside of the lifts. The mirrors are dirtied with glue and pieces of papers. I notice that notices have been pasted and removed from the mirrors repeatedly. The notice is from the Council. What do the councilors think they are doing? They should know better not to allow the pasting of anything onto mirrors. If they were to do this at their own homes, their children would tell them off. Do they not know that this is causing damage to common properties? Yet they have the cheeks to ask for more maintenance fee.

Please put a stop to this immediately.

This morning, I get a reply from the Condo Manager as follows:

"Good morning.

Thank you for your email expressing your concern.

We would like to invite you for a meeting to clarify the situation and to answer
any questions you may have.

Hope to hear from you soon."

I have replied as follows:

"What is there to clarify? I am not interested in the in-fighting among the
councilors. I am only concerned about the proper maintenance of the estate. That
should be the duty of the M.A. and the councilors."

When I take the lift down on the way to work this morning, the mirror is still dirty. I hope they are all clean up when I return from work.

ronlimch256

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 am

When I came back from work yesterday evening, the notices were gone and the mirror was clean. Same state this morning. good sense have prevailed. Hope it remains this way.

ronlimch256

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum